As a copyeditor, my goal is to eliminate errors in grammar and inconsistencies in style from your website, pamphlet, or manuscript. Your work is scrutinized, line by line and character by character, for easily missed errors such as the misuse of homophones (for example, rues and ruse). I rescue dangling participles from their precarious cliffs and ensure that your nouns always agree with their verbs.
For a copyedit, I will:
- Correct all incorrect grammar
- Enforce consistency in stylistic matters (hyphenation, capitalization, punctuation, etc.)
- Note content that may need permission for use
- Point out questionable or incorrect facts
- Point out unclear or confusing sections as well as terms that should be defined
- Point out overly wordy or awkward sections